Great JW at Film & Nuance nominated me for a Liebster Award for the second time in my blogging history. THANK YOU! It’s nice to be recognized. 🙂 Check out his site! And if you’re up to it, here’s my previous Liebster post.
Here are the questions he set up for all of us nominated:
1.What is your favourite movie in your least favourite genre. And why?
- This is kinda hard to answer. There are three genres that I don’t like that much: western, war movies and mafia related films. But to be honest, all the films I’ve watched in the last genre mentioned, I’ve liked, so I should probably stop saying that I don’t like it. And I don’t remember watching any westerns that I actually liked. So, let’s say… Atonement. Can I call it a war movie? No? Well, hmmm, what about Inglourious Basterds? Still no? Ok, I’ll change genres back to western as I just realised (after checking my IMDb ratings) that there is one western that I liked a lot: True Grit, Coens’ version. There you go, found it.
2.If you had to favour a certain style (for directing a film,writing a book or any other art form of your choice), would you prefer a no-frills and direct approach, or an artistic and ambiguous one. Why?
- I’d had to go with no-frills and direct as I enjoy those kind of films more than artsy ones. I do love beautiful writing in a book but without obvious story it just doesn’t work for me.
3.Name a movie you can watch any day.
- That would be something silly and easy to watch like Legally Blonde, Mean Girls, Love Actually, Trainwreck etc.
4.If you could keep an object that you had previously but by now either lost it,sold,misplaced,had it stolen or destroyed, what would it be?
- Nevermind album by Nirvana. I used to listen to it all the time and got fed up with it and for some idiotic reason sold it. Same goes for special edition of Green Day’s Dookie. Idiot.
5.Pick an era to live in.
- Hippietime, sometime around 60s to 70s. Interesting times, a lot of political changes, freedom and great music.
6.The best film you’ve seen this year and an unreleased 2016 film that you think might beat it.
- Spotlight and I doubt there will be one but possible contenders are The Light Between Oceans, Silence, Arrival, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk and La La Land. I’m really picky about films that I give 10/10 and there have been years when I haven’t awarded full points to any film. But La La Land is my the most awaited film of the year as I absolutely love both Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone and Whiplash, that was made by same man, Damien Chazelle, was my absolute favourite from 2015.
7.Name a memory you would keep till your death.
- I don’t think I can single out one memory. I have a lot of those that I’d like to keep. I haven’t done anything THAT spectacular that I could point it out.
8.Ice-cream or popsicles?
9.Where do you stand on the Harambe case?
- I wasn’t aware of this case but went and read about it. Idk, to me zoos are no-no anyway, so… But I think the staff acted the best way they thought was suitable at the moment. In case there’s someone as clueless as me, here’s the story.
10.Favourite type of music? And what does it mean to you?
- These days I listen to all kinds of music from classical music to hard rock and anything between, also EDM. But I guess my favourite kind is still rock especially classic rock e.g. Led Zeppelin.
11.How do you cool off after being upset/angry?
- Music. It always works. My ex-roommate aka one of my best friends used to say it was easy to know my mood by the music I was listening to. I use music to manipulate my feelings. It affects me a lot.
There you go. Something about me. Now it’s your turn. I should nominate ten blogs I guess but I’ll settle with half of them. Here are the blogs I love to follow and I hope they will get a lot more followers! I know it should be under 200 followers but I choose not to care. 😉 Check them out!
So, here are my questions for you guys and girls:
- What kind of a role in a film would be the most interesting to you to play?
- If you read, what is the book you always go back to?
- Three things that would make your life better?
- Who is your ultimate celebrity crush and why?
- Who’s your favourite dead director?
- If you could choose to study whatever despite the future earnings/finding a job/the place of the study/etc. what would you study?
- What film do you think will win the best picture Oscar next February?
- Your dream vacation spot?
- The best movie memory?
- Do you have a schedule for blogging?
That’s it! Good luck and